Chal Chaiyan Chaiyan...
Going back to Chennai this evening.... back to journalism from Monday!
Hate to leave home...don't know when it will be possible to laze around the house again...like I did in the past 10 days. Oh! I am taking Chitale's bakarwadi and my mom's besanache ladoo [Dada...tuk tuk!]. Of course, food can never replace the warmth and affection of home!
I am taking a train…. I love train rides!!! Always reminds me of that little toy train in the old Peshwe Park…my Dad took my bro and me there on some Thursday. And I just love taking the train to Mumbai…the Deccan Queen…the train that is always on time…the pride of Indian Railways that completed its 75 years recently…the yummy Cheese toast you get on the train…when it stops in the ghats and little adorable monkeys gather around hoping to get leftovers from passengers…and that stop at Karzat for their delicious wadas! The expressway may be a boon to Punekars and Mumbaikars…but nothing can replace the magic of the train ride!
There are so many memorable incidents associated with train travel that I could write now…but my mom is not too pleased with the packing I have left unfinished. Maybe a detailed post when I get there. Till then…
Palti jhaade pahuyaa….AMMAchya gaavaalaa jaauyaa….!!!
1 Comments:
That's great!!Good to see someone who is Indian Railways fan along with me. And basically from Mumbai, the journey between Mumbai and Pune by train is awesome. So i agree with your bits of emotions. So 100% to Indian Railways.
Post a Comment
<< Home